Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hair & Beauty: The Many Uses of MAC ‘Fluidline’ Gel Eyeliner

Its time to let you in on a little secret! Eyeliner is a not only a girl’s best friend - but also a costumer’s secret weapon.

Dita Von Teese - Queen of Eyeliner
I am quite a big fan of that 50s flick look made famous by Marilyn Monroe, Bettie Page, Lucille Ball and, most recently, epitomised by Dita Von Teese, and tend to wear black eyeliner almost every day.


My particular favourite is Fluidline made by MAC in Blacktrack.
RRP £14 which may sound a little bit steep but one pot lasts about 8 months of everyday usage… which is a pretty long time.


This eyeliner has a gel-based formula that you apply with a separate brush, also available from MAC (on a side note it is worth noting that it is best to splurge on a good quality brush!), and can be used to apply in various styles.

Here are a few examples from my photo album!

50s Flick

20s line

But! I have also had the opportunity to try it in several other circumstances:

Painting on a mask as Black Cat

Adding seams to my face as Sally

A single thick dark line around the eyes for Ballatrix

Darkening my eyes under a domino mask for Harley Quinn

I really can’t recommend it enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...