Saturday 12 October 2013

A trip to the beach, a snuggly aran and a autumn check dress

Hello there! A little while ago my parents came to visit the south and they booked a lovely little cottage close to Hastings and fortunately they had spare beds in the cottage so I could come visit them for a night too. The cottage was called Park Farm, and it was on a real working farm although I didn't manage to spot any horses while I was there. The car park in front was pretty much a stable yard, but it had a rather nice charm.


My favourite part of the cottage was that there was a lovely spiral staircase leading up to the second bedroom. How cool is that?!

I needed a comfortable outfit that was warm but suitable for the beach, which is usually a bit tricky, so I decided to go with a vintage check dress with a sort of mandarin style collar with a full skirt that is light and pretty sturdy. I teamed it with some boots for the beach and some walking socks to keep my feet toasty and finally an old aran cardigan that is MASSIVE but super snuggly so I really don't care.


One problem tiny problem I have with the South East is that I miss the amazing wild beaches of the North East. I miss the sand. For me, the pebble beaches don't really cut it. So finding out that there is a large sandy beach on the south coast meant that I had to go on a little trip. 


Camber is one of the largest beaches around Kent and Sussex. I visited on a cloudy and slightly windy day but luckily it wasn't too cold. Here is the dress without the cardigan.


There were several beach houses near to the front, I did wonder what it must be like to live at the beach but I think I wouldn't be able to cope without a high street filled with charity shops!


Sorry this picture is slightly blurry, I pinched it from the display on my Mum's camera and its not the greatest quality, but I simply loved the reflection!


There is one little thing the Southern beaches have that the beach at my home town doesn't, and that is amazing shells! Lots of lovely bivalves and swirly snail shells. The little girl in me was so happy to be collecting shells I really like them (I do have a necklace with a seashell on it too, its a summer favourite). 


Where is your favourite beach?









No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...