Thursday 22 August 2013

A Yellow 1970s Dress

You know, I can't help but think that this outfit was somehow inspired by bees... Even with that in mind I do still like the combination of yellow with bits of black.

When I spotted this dress on eBay I knew I had to have it! It is pretty difficult to find a good yellow dress and I was really pleased that it turned out okay once it arrived. I'm not sure what brand it is as the labels aren't very descriptive. It was sold to me as a 1970s dress and I can believe that is about right, although in my head the 70s was filled with more drab browns than bright yellows, but maybe I'm just being a bit judgemental there...


The dress does have a check pattern to it and a reasonably full skirt. It came with a matching fabric belt, but I rather liked the contrasting belt too. I wore some black shoes that came from Topshop that gave me an awful blister, but oh well, hopefully with a bit of breaking in they will be okay.


Dress - eBay
Shoes -Topshop (via eBay)
Belt & Socks - Primark
Hair Flowers - Accessorize
Sunglasses - North Laines Stall

I added a couple of hair flowers to go with my curly hair although it was fairly windy so any styling I had done was completely pointless but never mind.


I met up with Sadie of The Vanity Case for a wander around Brighton and we popped into Taj's Tea Parlour for a quick drink. I had a popcorn tea which was a little bit weird, but yummy, and it came in a huge pot which made me happy. We were too full to try any of the cakes but they did look quite good, I'll have to go back and let you know how they are :)

 Look how gorgeous that tea pot is!



2 comments:

  1. I have real difficulty finding yellows that suit me. I've resorted to wearing mustard yellow over navy blue and then I don't look sallow.

    Good outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest the blue dress/mustard cardigan combo has been a staple of mine for quite some time, it has only been recently I've found some yellows that work for me! I figure its about whatever works for you.

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...