Sunday 21 September 2014

Covering rollers with a vintage headscarf... or looking like a washer woman

I was deleting nonsense from my phone, when I came across these pictures that I never got around to sharing... Oh well, here goes:


What do you do if you've got your hair in rollers and you need to go out?

Hide them under a head-scarf of course! I have no idea if this was actually done, but wearing this type of headscarf it something I associate with my grandmother and house work. It seems I'm not the only one either as a delightful 'gentleman' in the street took the time to point out to me that I looked like a washer woman.

So thanks for that.




I actually don't think it was such a bad look. I am a big fan of the plain (often gypsy-style) top and print vintage skirt. I've seen quite a few pictures of Dita Von Teese wearing a similar look, although minus the head scarf... I reckon that she has one of those fancy vintage style dryers so she never needs to leave rollers in.

Image source (complaining about the outfit of all things?!)

Maybe this whole look is subject to debate? I'm not sure.
What do you think?

Outfit details:
Skirt: Vintage
Top: Gap via charity shop
Belt: Primark
Headscarf: Vintage
Glasses: Fossil




1 comment:

  1. I was thinking you looked like Dita Von Teese! I'm so envious of her lifestyle and wardrobe. I think it's an okay look. Screw what other people think!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...