Thursday 6 December 2012

Vintage Outfit: A Gorgeous 1960s Swing Coat

Hey there everyone,

This post features another gem i acquired courtesy of my grandmother. She was clearly a very stylish lady back in the day, it makes me sad that so little of her wardrobe remains now but if there was I would probably be suffering with guilt from wanting to steal it all...

Anywho, I was raiding the wardrobe, as usual, and came across this beautiful coat! It was bought and worn for my Dad's christening in 1962 and now I can wear it 50 years later. Personally I think that's amazing!



The fit was slightly too big so I altered the buttons to reduce the size slightly but as the style of the coat is an A-line swing coat so it is meant to be quite baggy around the waist and hips. Its not the fit that I am used to but its very pretty and a lovely colour.

It is a really gorgeous coat with an amazing feature collar that can be worn in two ways either flat or turned over as a cowel neck.


I teamed the coat with some red leather gloves and a black satchel for my walk into town.

If you're interested in what I wore under the coat it was a black midi skirt with a red paisley design with a red blouse and a mock aran cardigan. Sorry my hair is so dishevelled at this point - it was rather windy on the way back from town.


Coat - Vintage 1960s
Skirt - Jane Norman via eBay
Blouse - Next via thrift shop
Cardigan - Primark
Boots - Clarks Sale


2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you are able to wear and appreciate your grandmothers coat. It looks to be in fantastic condition. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an incredible coat. i love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...