Tuesday 4 December 2012

Scarlet Street


Hello everyone!

I don't usually talk about music on Fancy Dresscapades but I discovered something recently that was too good not to share.

I live in the North East of England. So imagine my surprise when I found a Newcastle-based vocal group that sings close harmonies and acapella, barber-shop style versions of pop songs (and some old classics)? As if thats not enough they are super-stylish ladies that dress in a retro rockabilly style?





Yeah, I know!

The ladies in question are Scarlet Street, like the 1945 movie of the same name, and they are a fab female foursome that are driving the sound of barber pop.

Here is a video to show you what it's all about:



They are currently spreading the word, or sound, of barberpop and are soon launching an EP featuring 5 songs, two original, two covers and a remix. They promise big band arrangements fused with barberpop vocals.

There EP, calle Barberpop, is released on the 7th of December and will be sold by online retailers. I am hoping to tag along to the launch party that evening and I will post on that then - oh and of course what me and the ladies are wearing!

But for now check out their YouTube channel - its awesome!!
Oh and you can follow Twitter here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...