Thursday 16 October 2014

5 Vintage Hairstyles for Growing Out a Fringe

Okay, so here is my hair in its current state of play. Current state of mess more like... I have always hated the long process of growing out a fringe. Its boring, takes forever and it is the
reason I put off having a fringe back in. So now I want rid of that fringe and oh boy is it taking forever!


So I have now decided to make it my mission to find interesting things to do with my fringe. I think I know enough not to share some of them.

Let me know what you think, and if there is anything you want a tutorial of, please let me know in the comments.

1) Three pincurl fringe.
I separated the whole front section into 3 with a far right parting. I formed two down facing pincurls nearest my parting that allowed me to catch the parts of my fringe and the other one was facing up.

I also curled the back of my head to give it a it of a wave, although on this occasion that didn't work too well.





2) The pin-up bumper bang.
Using a hair rat hides so many wispy fringe bits! I rolled the side parts into victory rolls and then forward rolled the front part around a hair rat/filler to give it maximum fullness. I joined the sides of the roll together by fanning the hair out around the rat. If you want to try this style I fully recommend Vintageous's youtube tutorial. If it can help me do it, it can help you!


Here's that gorgeous Tiger Milly apple dress again too!

3) The victory roll.
This one is sort of a classic. I split my hair into two parts and rolled each half up to my parting. My hair is just long enough to be pinned at the back of the roll.


4) The pseudo-suicide roll. 
Yet another use for that hair rat. In this case I separated all the top part of my hair forward and put it in a hair band to keep it in place. I then rolled it around the hair rat to create the side sweep bumper bang. Its not quite a suicide roll, as it should have a distinctive swirl at the end of it but its a simplified version that works with quite short fringe bits.


5 Asymmetric victory rolls.
This one is similar to number 3, but the victory rolls are to the side of your head. This one is actually easier to get your fringe into than the traditional symmetrical roll as you have longer parts to work with because of the position of the rolls. Whack a couple of hair flowers in there to complete the look.


Which one do you like best?
They will all work with a fully grown out fringe too!

Oh, and pretty please tell me your favourite dos for growing out a fringe!


6 comments:

  1. All those hairstyles are so great! You are soo good at victory rolls!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that... but these are definitely my favourite dos. I've gotten so much better since I started practising more.

      Delete
  2. So great! I wish my hair would just hold though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to have dirty hair ;) Gross as that is.

      Delete
  3. I like the first one. I also think you look really cute without any styled rolls, so please don't think you *need* to style your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, you're a sweetie! My fringe bits annoy me so much though :(
      Btw, I'm looking at making a Super girl costume for LSCC next year (movie style) and it keeps making me think of you!

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...