Monday 3 June 2013

Vintage Outfit: A Trip to Malham and Vivien of Holloway Jeans

Around this time last year we had a few moments of nice weather and I went on a trip to Malham in the Yorkshire Dales with my family. I had sort of let the whole thing pass by in the haze of thesis writing but it all cropped up again when I entered one of the photos I took on the trip in a picture challenge competition on Instagram.

It was a panorama challenge so entered a shot of the steps near the cliff edge and some of the surrounding fields. It was a beautiful day so I was very lucky to be able to catch the blue sky (especially given how awful the summer was). Seems that I got a lucky shot, since my photo was voted the best of all the shots (over 400!) so I was pretty pleased.

Here's the picture by the way, what do you think?



I'm not really a person that is best suited for hiking so I really struggle to find clothes to wear for something like that. All I can say is thank goodness for my Vivien of Holloway 40s style jeans, the wide legs are super comfy for walking and they work well with a blouse and sneakers.




That's my brother in that shot too.
Kinda weird to see me with the blonde streaks and no fringe again but oh well.

Maybe I am developing some photography skills? I'll keep practising for now though.


5 comments:

  1. That photo is magnificent! No wonder it was voted most! :) I'd love to go hiking in such a beautiful landscape.
    and I need those kind of trousers, looks so comfy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfy, I would highly recommend them.

      The Yorkshire Dales is my favourite place for walking, if you ever get there there are lots of beautiful waterfalls and natural rock formations and villages.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to find someone who has purchased some VOH swing jeans. I really want a pair myself because they are even more authentic than FOP work pants and to be honest less expensive. Anyway, do you have to size up? Or is there more than enough room for us hippy gals if we get the waist size just right?

    The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE these jeans!

      The measurements they give on the website are pretty accurate for the pencil skirts and normal trousers, but everything made of denim seems to have a bit more stretch. I normally go up two sizes in VoH, but only one in jeans. But there is plenty of hip room :)

      I had real trouble with FoP sizes, they just were too narrow on the hips but I've had no problems with VoH.

      Delete
    2. Awesome!!! That is so helpful! Those jeans do look fab on you, btw!

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...