Saturday 14 March 2015

A post about one of my best charity shop finds to date!!! EEK! A vintage early 60s Harrods dress!

I've been very much neglecting my charity shop duties of late as I've been trying to cut back a little bit and save some money. However I missed my train home a few weeks ago so I decided to have a peek in the local charity shop Hospice in the Weald. This is one of the better charity shops in my area as they have a really good mix of items.

Anywho, I was drawn immediately to a blue sleeve on the dress rail and absolutely delighted to to pull out this 1960s shirt waister dress - in my size!!


Things got better still when I checked inside for labels and found the label saying Harrods. EEP! A lovely dress, true vintage and from Harrods? How could it get any better?!?!

Price tag: £6.

Well how could I not get it...

(On a side note I used Vintage Fashion Guild for label checking - they are an amazingly useful resource for the vintage gal/chap)


The only downside was that it was unlined, however I wore it with a vintage slip and I don't think you would ever know the difference.


All in all I thought it was a delightful find. It is also worth noting that this post was one of the earliest with my freshly coloured hair. I think it goes rather well with the dress and belt!



And one last one with my vintage Laura Ashley coat:


What is your best charity shop find?

Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage Harrods
Belt: Vintage (from my Nanna)
Scarf: Gift
Coat: Vintage Laura Ashley



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing find! I guess missing the train wasn't so horrible!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...