Thursday 6 February 2014

Vintage Outfit: A polka dot skirt and green vintage shoes

Oh the cold days are well and truly here which is why my faux fur trim coat from Monsoon has made a reappearance. It is so warm, and I love the fact that I don't need to wear a scarf with it because of the fur trim.


I think after christmas must be the time when people clear out their wardrobe as I'm having a pretty good run in the thrift stores these days.

This skirt is St. Michael by M&S and probably from the 1980s judging by the label. It is unusually for a me a little bit too big and I may need to sew the waist to repair it a little bit but the colour was so lovely. I ADORE that heritage green colour and naturally a polka dot print makes things even better.


The jumper is from Next, but again via a charity shop and it is navy with a very subtly fleck and elbow patches. Totally geek chic. I thought this would be perfect for my work wardrobe.


I have a real problem with glasses now and I got these ones in the perfect glasses sale for a measly £18, including lenses and coatings! Also, I was so pleased with how my hair turned out after a pretty lazy pin curl set. I think I am finally getting the hang of this 50s setting :D


Last buy not least, here are my green shoes. Again, I think they are from the 1980s and are similar to the shoes my Nanna used to wear an awful lot. Good green shoes are so hard to find so getting these in a charity shop for £2 (YES £2!!) I simply had to get them.


Jumper: Next Thrifted
Blouse: Matalan Thrifted
Skirt: Vintage M&S Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Glasses: Perfectglasses

Do you have any green shoes?



3 comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...